Sunday, August 10, 2008

BBQs, Parties and Movies

This past week was a busy one at the zoo. Tuesday, Sidney had yet another sleepover. This time she spent the night at her friend Sedona and V's so Angie and I got a quiet evening alone. The sleepover worked out perfectly because on Wednesday I flew to Mountain View back to the Google mothership for a training class. I hadn't been back to the Mountain View campus for nearly 18 months, which was my 2nd week at Google. The campus is very different than working in an office outside of Mountain View serving a much larger variety of food and all 3 meals. I got my wheatgrass everyday!

Angie picked Taylor up on Friday because I didn't get home until nearly midnight. Saturday we relaxed for the first part of the day and went to "Centennial Night Under the Stars" in the evening. This was a fun event with lots of display booths, a twilight movie of "Alvin and the Chipmunks" followed by a fireworks "extravaganza"! We ended up getting home late again.

Taylor and Sidney attended their friend Rachel's birthday party on Sunday afternoon before Taylor went back to her mom's for the week.



Alex and Taylor start school already this coming week otherwise she would have liked to stay longer. Angie and I finished up the weekend by going to her company's summer BBQ.

No comments: