Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

 

This year Angie and I took over hosting Thanksgiving from my mom. OK, so it took a little prodding from mom, but we were very excited to do so. Actually, there wasn't much prodding. We felt mom deserved to be able to relax at Thanksgiving after slaving away for all of us all these years. Besides, it really makes sense since we are closest to being in the middle of everyone.

I think Angie was ultimately surprised at how relaxed she was throughout the entire festivities. I like to think I helped out in that area. I probably didn't, but like I said, I like to think so. Angie prepared a delicious turkey which she brined from a recipe her mom gave her. Nancy brought over deviled eggs (it isn't Thanksgiving without them) and we had all the traditional Thanksgiving sides of mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green bean casserole. Alex and Taylor were able to make the trip down from Greeley so it was the first time we have been all together for some time.

It looks like 2008 is a year of starting new traditions at the zoo. I like it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Grandma Jane said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. Keep up the good work on the blog. I so enjoy hearing about all of you.

Love, barb

~~Angie~~ said...

You totally helped!!! You made the day stress free. It sure helped you cooked in the nude.