Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to the Gym and Elitches Too!!!


This week was filled with getting back to the gym. Recently the gym Angie and I belonged to suddenly shut down without notice. After looking for a new gym, we decided to join the South Suburban Rec Center. There are a few rec centers we can visit and they all are full service with pools, gyms, and a variety of classes. We've been alternating between the pool, running, and cardio workouts. Now if we could only get the workouts done without actually going to the gym. :)


Sidney had a date with her uncle to go see Journey to the Center of the Earth on Saturday, so we took her over to Bill and Cindy's house. They recently got a Golden Retriever puppy named Dillon. He is very cute, but has a devilish side, thus the nickname DD (Devil Dog). He has to greet everyone when they come over! We took Sid into the house and were standing in the entry way talking with Bill, Cindy, and Kristen while I gave DD some attention. Next thing I know my foot got very warm. Apparently Dillon got too excited and peed all over my foot. I hope that is a sign he likes me!

On Sunday, Sidney, Angie, and I went back to Elitch Gardens thanks to my sister Nancy. Her company also had their company picnic there and she gave us tickets. We rode several rides, including their new Ghost Blasters ride where they give you a laser gun and you shoot ghosts while riding. The line for this ride was the longest of they day so it seems quite popular. On the way home we stopped for ice cream at Cold Stone which was delicious.

No comments: