Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Field Day


Today (Sept. 23) was Sidney's Field Day at school. Usually they hold these things at the end of the year, but last year weather was an issue, so they decided to have it at the beginning this year. I was flattered when Sidney invited me to go and of course I could not say no. Besides, how could I resist the lunch menu of elementary school cafeteria hot dogs?



There were several events throughout the day, including relay races, basketball shooting, obstacle course, and one of my personal favorite's as a kid, the parachute. Sidney amazed me with her involvement with every kid in her class. She is quite the popular girl. One of her friend's Ryan took a liking to me, insisting to hang out and eat lunch with Sidney and I.

3 comments:

~~Angie~~ said...

Thank you for taking the day off and going. I am glad you both had lots of fun!!! Will you take the day off for my field day? (:

Unknown said...

Sounds like Neal is quite the popular guy, Angie seems appreciative but maybe a small bit jealous and looking for some personal attention from Neil as well. Seriously though Neal,it is great that you took the time to accompany Sid and I sure you enjoyed the school lunch as well.

Grandma Jane said...

Thank you Neal for spending this special time with Sid.
Love Barb