Friday, April 3, 2009

Night at the Observatory

 
Last night Sidney's class had a night time field trip to the Chamberlin Observatory in Denver. It has been so long, I can't even remember the last time I visited one. It was probably way back when I was in school.
There were a very limited number of spaces available so we had to RSVP in order to reserve our spot. Sidney's friend and classmate, Lily, joined us. We picked Lily up at her house and went to Buffalo Wild Wings for a quick dinner. Everytime we go here, I end up being disappointed, but that's for another forum. Besides, you can't complain too much on 60 cent boneless night.

After dinner we drove to the observatory where the astronomers explained how different types of telescopes work. This observatory is very old and is considered historical so they have a refractor type. It's about 25 feet long and has a very large lens. After the telescope presentation everyone got to go upstairs to look at the moon and Saturn through the telescope.
The kids really enjoyed the entire experience and so did Angie and I.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Grandma Jane said...

So many things to see and do in Colorado. I lead a sheltered life. (-: I like it that way. Sid looks so grown up. Keep up the good work on the blog. I check everyday.
Love, Barb