Monday, February 1, 2010

Neal's Surprise 40th


With the big Four O coming, there was no doubt in my mind that Angie had something up her sleeve, but I really had no idea what she could possibly have planned.

Friday night, we had plans to go to dinner with our great friends DJ and Danielle to the Cherry Cricket, you may have seen it on the Travel Channel. We were very excited for their famous burgers. Earlier in the day, my friend Bryan, we'll call him the co-conspirator, told me his band the Raygunomics were playing later that night and that I should drop by. Angie has not been a big fan of Bryan, so I was skeptical that she would want to go, but it turned out she did. I suppose this should have raised a red flag, but it didn't. I figured I had at least another week until I needed to be prepared.

Anyway, we had a fabulous dinner and then headed over to Lucky Strike in Belmar for Bryan's show. Much to my surprise, a bunch of our closest friends were there to surprise me and Bryan had been in on it all along. We had a fabulous night out and thoroughly enjoyed my birthday bash. It was most likely the car bombs that even got me to dance.

Thank you to everyone's birthday wishes. Oh, and Angie....WELL PLAYED!

No comments: