Sunday, February 7, 2010

Senior Night



The time has come for Alex's last home game of her high school career. I can't believe how fast time flies. This year, more than ever, that has become evident. Seems like just yesterday she was being born. I know it sounds cliche, but it still holds true.

Angie, Sidney, Nancy, and I met at my office after work, stopped for dinner, then headed to Northridge High School for the festivities. Alex was amongst 5 seniors on her basketball team, all of which started the game for the Grizzlies. Prior to the game there was a short ceremony celebrating each of them.

The game was very one sided as you can see from the final score of 66-12 in favor of the home team and everyone had a great time.

As if this event didn't make for a big enough day for Alex, she learned that she had received a nomination to one of the military academies, most likely the Air Force. She has worked very hard to earn this and is very deserving. There is more to the process, but its starting to look like Alex will be in the Air Force cadet class of 2014.

I'm not usually the emotional type as nearly everyone will tell you, but on this day, I couldn't hide the tears in my eyes or my beaming pride. Even now, I get teary eyed everytime I think about it.

Way to go Alex!!!

No comments: