Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wow it's May already?

OK OK OK

Absolutely no excuses. OK I have excuses, but you may not buy them. Things are a bit crazy at the zoo. In fact I'm not so sure we can call it a zoo anymore. We're down to Howie and Kitty as our only pets.

In other news, the zoo is on the move. After being recruited for the past few years, we've finally agreed to take up our roots and move to Beverly...Hillbillies. Actually we're moving to San Jose, but everytime I think about it, I hear the Beverly Hillbillies theme.

We made our final decision at the beginning of the year and have been overwhelmed by move stuff since. We actually don't have much to do since Google gave us an amazing relocation package, but we still have lots to arrange. A few weeks back Angie and I spent the week in the Bay Area finding our new home. We found a great neighborhood in Willow Glen (San Jose) that is going to be perfect. It met all our requirements and even has a dog door to the backyard for Howie. He is going to love it!

Since our house hunting trip, we've been very active in move preparations. We're shipping both our cars, but are going to rent a minivan and drive out over a few days. I'll commit to blogging about our adventure.

In other amazing news, Alex will be graduating from the Air Force Academy Prep school in a couple weeks. She will be moving up the hill as a Freshman cadet this Fall! We're very excited. She gets a few weeks off after graduating for vacation before reporting back for basic training. Busy girl! We are so proud!

I'm not going to end this post with promises of regular updates, but I will definitely try. I already committed to blogging our move road trip adventure, hopefully from the road, so look for more news on the moving zoo in early June!

No comments: