Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me



Sometimes we don't always get to spend special days with the ones we love and this was one of those years for my birthday. I have been spending the last couple weeks in Mexico City for work and my birthday happens to fall during this trip.

The day was pretty much like any other day, but several of the people I work with took me out for a birthday dinner to a great Mexican restaurant called La Bajia. Typically I link to a restaurants website, but I was unable to find one for here, so I guess it isn't important.

When I got back to the hotel I had this cake waiting for me sent up by the hotel staff. I guess signing up for the rewards programs not only earns me points, but let them know it was my birthday. In the end I got to have a nice birthday dinner with friends and even got birthday cake. It almost made up for being away from home. By far the best part of the day though was all the phone calls with birthday wishes.

1 comment:

~~Angie~~ said...

i wish we were there ):