Saturday, January 31, 2009

Murder Mystery



Back in December Angie and I received an invitation for a murder mystery weekend from friends/neighbors of ours, Tom and Amy. I've known Tom for several years, serving on the HOA board together. He and Amy recently got married. Angie and I were very excited for the murder mystery weekend since neither one of us had ever done anything like this before. The mystery weekend was being held at Crags Lodge in Estes Park, so it also offered a romantic weekend getaway for us.

We received our parts in the mail a few weeks before the event and were informed it was a 1920's theme. Fortunately we had dressed up in similar parts for Halloween so we were all set for costumes.

The mystery plot surrounded a great dinner and mingling with several people to try to figure out who the murderer was. I think Angie and I spent most of the night confused as to what was going on, mainly due to the feeling that there was an inner circle in the game. Overall we had a great time and enjoyed a great weekend together before Angie dropped me off at the airport to head off for my trip.

No comments: