Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 2008


I think Halloween is one of our favorite occasions. Many people call it a holiday, but is it really? I mean banks aren't even closed and they close for everything. Sidney was very excited this year. I am sure she is excited every year, but this is the first Halloween we have all lived together so I got to feel her excitement first hand.



Sidney decided to go as a goth girl and picked out every detail of her costume. She looked like some of the girls I went to school with when being goth was kind of in, well as in as it could be. Her friend Sedona also went as a goth girl. Sedona's sister Veronica was dressed in a sort of evil court jester costume. All 3 girls were so cute.



This year we decided to stick around our community. We have a close community with 80 townhomes so getting lots of candy quickly is pretty simple. It's also fun to see all the neighbors out enjoying the trick or treaters. People pretty much hibernate once the pool closes for the summer, so the few holidays we can get out and visit are fun. Halloween is usually a cold sometimes snowy night, but this year the weather was amazing and this brought lots of people out.

The girls made out like bandits, so much so we had Sidney pick out a 2 week supply of her favorites. I was surprised she didn't complain at all. I know when I was a kid, there was no way I was giving up my loot!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great costume Sidney. Boy does she look grown up. I think the boys will be calling very soon. And Neal I take offense to the remark about banks being closed for everything. The Federal Government is closed but banks, at least here in the U.P. no longer close for Federal Holidays.

Grandma Jane said...

Sid doesn't look like my lovebug. (-: Looks like she had a great time.