Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!


2008 flew by, but what a great year it was. We worked on projects around the house, spent countless hours at the gym (but admittedly need to get back into that habit), went on an Idaho summer trip, and many many other things. Obviously the big event of the year was Angie and Sidney moving in and all of us making a home together. Yes, it was a great year.

Sidney and Taylor wanted to stay up for New Years and there was no way they were going to let us say no. So we celebrated the ringing in of 2009 as a family. Angie and I had Chocolate Martinis from a recipe she found on sipping chocolate and the girls had their version of Margaritas. We played the new family game we received at Christmas and also played some cards. At midnight we we went outside with our noise makers and joined some neighbors in a champagne toast.

Happy New Year, here's to wishing 2009 is even better than last year!

3 comments:

~~Angie~~ said...

We had a great time...although there was no snow and we had 60 degree weather that night...but I am not complaining. I am still waiting to get snowed in!!!

Grandma Jane said...

I so enjoy the pictures and info about all of you. Looks like the girls had a great time. Sid, you are growing up way too fast. You'll always be my Lovebug. (-: Thanks Neal for doing this. And Angie, we have had below zero weather so enjoy the 60's. (-:

Love, Barb

Danielle said...

You little Liar Angie. It was way cold that night! LOL
But I can't wait for another 60 degree day tomorrow! WOO HOO bring on the warmth!
Sorry we missed the outdoor party on New Years, I didn't see anyone out there so I didn't go. I'm now waiting on new blog with photos of you choking on the shrimp tossed in your mouth! LOL