Monday, January 19, 2009

Sid's First Hockey Game


A person Angie works with (office supply vendor I think) was nice enough to give her a couple hockey tickets to the Avalanche vs. Flames game. Angie, knowing I love the Avs, gave them to Sidney and I. So I got to pick Sid up from her dad's house and take her to see her first hockey game. And what a game it was!

The Avs are not doing so great this year, but we were blessed with seeing not only a win, but a blowout win, and history. The Avs won the game 6-2, but it wasn't even that close in reality. The real treat was getting to see Milan Hejduk and Ryan Smyth each score their 300th career NHL goals in the same game, only the 2nd time it had been done by teammates in the same game. The other time this was accomplished was on February 26, 1983, by our nemesis and rivals, the Detroit Red Wings. Now I know many of our readers or Red Wing fans, so I'll keep quiet, besides they are doing better than the Avs are this year.

All in all Sidney had a great time...and so did I. It was a treat to be able to take her to her first hockey experience. I apologize for the dark photo, but my phone camera doesn't have a flash.

And by request, here's a shout out to Aunt Cathy, a devoted reader. I hope I made you smile!

6 comments:

~~Angie~~ said...

I heard about this night for days after. What a great time!! My several hours alone went by very quickly and I enjoyed every minute.

So Neal was offered Av tickets while he is gone to Mexico, VIP seats, paid parking...the works...what does he do, give them to a coworker!! Am I the only one who thinks this choice was wrong??? Maybe he knew I would take the BFF and we might cause mischief???

I will miss the boy when he is gone.

Gwenn said...

OOOO Neil! bad choice! LOL!!!

~~Angie~~ said...

Thanks Gwenn!!! (:

Danielle said...

Ohhhhh, he's starting to limit our fun huh Angie??? LOL
Wow Neal, you're in for it with that move.
I'm more of basketball person anyway. Hope you're enjoying Mexico and we'll all see each other this weekend!!

jewels said...

wow great blog! will also become a devoted reader. I would also like to give a shout out to aunt cathy! cathy, so will ya? lol

Sidney said...

That was sucha fun game I had lots of fun!!! I hope that I can go again!

Live.Laugh.Love.